Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Gullible's Travels

If you've never spent countless hours in a car with 2 teenagers and a 7-yr-old, you don't know what you're missing. It's a lot like a regular road trip, but with triple the potty stops. And double the decibels. At least. Oh, and the bickering.

And oh, the blog fodder.

Like the time we saw a tractor trailer rig with the company logo on the side of the trailer. "Aunt Brenda, what does that say? I can't read Spanish." (It was cursive.)

Or, after several attempts to get Sarah's attention, when my niece said "Jesus told me he doesn't want you to ignore me."

Or last Saturday, on the way to meet my sister and her husband halfway to return the child to them, when she announced that she was starving. "Can we stop at McDonald's before we get there?" I reminded her that we had stopped for breakfast just a few hours earlier and that we were going to be meeting somewhere for lunch. "We're all going to eat together? Oh yaaay! Can I ride with you?"

I'll be back soon.

7 comments:

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

I was wondering what was up in your neck of Blogdom. Sounds like fun aplenty!

Kelli said...

You forgot to mention the hormones.
Those are always good for adding something fun to the mix.

Barb said...

Sounds like a pretty typical road trip to me. Krissy and I are getting ready to take a long road trip through the mountains in October. And she's seriously considering having a DVD player installed in her car. And he's only two. TWO! Can't wait to see what she comes up with when he's seven. A chartered bus I guess. LOL

Lori said...

Yep, nothing like it. You feel so proud when you know you have survived!!! Can't wait to hear more =)

Grafted Branch said...

Such a sweet post. Look at how happy, happy, happy we all are to see a post from you!

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Oh yes, btw, we had a couple from church babysit the kids a couple of weeks ago. One of the books they brought to read them was, Fortunately, Unfortunately. So...I get where you got that, now.

I'm a literary nit-wit, don't you know?

Dawn said...

Hey, good to hear from you again! Sounds like a fun trip. Last summer when we went to the family reunion with all 3 grands and 3 adults - fun times all around. But memories they'll never forget.

Dawn said...

Brenda, please come over and read our latest prayer request - Kristen is linked from mine. Thank you!