Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Of Tea and Toilet Tissue and Beta Blogger Issues

This whole Beta Blogger business is just a wee bit flusterating. I can leave comments only on blogs that allow anonymous comments. For those of you who don't, just know that I am catching up on my reading, and if your email link is provided in your profile, I will let you know that I've visited.

Alrighty then. I've been tagged by Cheryl who's wondering just how much we southern women have in common. In the interest of satisfying her curiosity and keeping my readers informed, I will now reveal my deepest, darkest secrets. . . nah, maybe I'll just answer the following questions:

1. If you make sweet tea, or your favorite style, do you use Luzianne, Lipton or _______ (whatever your brand is)? I like a day that's not cloudy and a tea that's not cloudy. If it's good enough for Burl Ives, it's good enough for me. Luzianne, sweetened with a half cup of sugar per 2-quart pitcher.

2. What brand of toilet paper do you buy, and is it the larger rolls or regular? (What is it about toilet paper?) White Cloud 9 BIG rolls or Angel Soft 12 Mega rolls

3. Which brand of bath soap do you use? Is it body wash or bar style? Safeguard beige bars, Tone body wash, and Softsoap antibacterial liquid soap

4. Which cereal do you buy for yourself? Golden Grahams and MultiGrain Cheerios

5. What brand of dishwasher detergent do you use and is it liquid or tablets? Cascade liquid

6. What is your favorite fruit to eat? strawberries, melons, grapes, oranges, bananas

7. Which brand of clothes detergent do you use? Arm & Hammer Tropical Burst liquid

8. Do you like chocolate? Only on days ending in y. Hershey's mini Special Dark is my fave.

9. Are you right-handed or left-handed? Right, but I can use my left if necessary.

10. Do you still write checks or use a debit card? Debit card mostly, but I write checks (with my right hand) for tithing, mortgage payments, water bill, and car insurance.

If you haven't been tagged for this one, then you haven't been reading BooMama. Let me know if you have, and I'll stop by and visit.

13 comments:

Barb said...

Funny you mentioned that about the comments. It just occurred to me tonight that my comments didn't allow anonymous comments. I went in and tried to fix it. Not getting comments from you is just downright weird.

Boy, you really DO like your tea sweet. Finally. Something we disagree on. I like mine with no sugar at all. Well, there is that chocolate thing but I know I'm the only person in the whole world who doesn't like chocolate so that just doesn't count.

Theresa said...

Have you tried the Limited Edition Dark M&M's? Yum-O!

Glad to learn more about you!

Barb said...

OK. All fixed. Comment away. You don't even have to sign your name. I'll know it's you. Well. Maybe you should....so everyone else will know it's you. :-)

Brenda said...

Whoops! That's supposed to be a half cup of sugar, not one cup. (It's fixed now.) I actually prefer it unsweetened, but I'm outnumbered.

Grafted Branch said...

I'll check my settings so you can comment. I always look for your kind words of wisdom.

Girl Raised in the South said...

The comments you make about beta blogger make me think, stay away. Not worth it. Loved your comment on chocolate. Youre right there with most people. Me - give me a box of hot tamales...Sad I know.

Dawn said...

I miss you! I'm going to check and see if I can get anonymous comments. Then you can sign them. This is ridiculous!!

Loved the chocolate comment.

Dawn said...

I ido have my e-mail link on my profile. I hope to get the anonymous option on today.

Sharon said...

I just switched to bata also, and came across your blog through other friends and thought I would stop and say hi. I like you can not comment on all the blogs that have not moved to bata. Come visit me at September Moen.....

Anonymous said...

testing

Anonymous said...

Okay, that was me. I have been trying to comment since you went beta and I can't do it unless I do it anonymously.

I have nothing to say of great value. (which should surprise no one.) But, I am still with you. Just wanted to let you know.

Lori (PEZmama)

Dawn said...

Hey, you made it and with your own name. How strange. Good! I too thought it kind of interesting that he reminded me of that embarrassing moment that he helped create!

Pamela said...

Brenda, you are too clever, with liking the chocolate only on days ending in (y) too funny! Glad you figured it out! :)