Trying to think of a hundred interesting things about me was harder than I expected. I'm sure there are tons of things no one really wants to know, so I'll just keep those to myself. I have tried not to repeat the things I've already mentioned in previous memes. To those of you who were looking forward to this, I hope you're not too disappointed. Well, let's get on with it, shall we?
1. I am abundantly blessed. Haven't counted lately, though. Have you?
2. I adore my husband. I think he's cool. I also think he's hot.
3. I love to harmonize. I'm an alto. I was a soloist in my previous church.
4. I was in choir at church and school in 7th through 12th grade. I sang 2nd soprano.
5. I'm an aunt to 24 nieces and nephews.
6. I'm the 2nd of 4 children, 3 girls and 1 boy.
7. I was a middle child for 7 years.
8. I was my mom's biggest baby at 7lbs 9oz. I'm the smallest now.
9. I was bald until I was 2 years old. My hair came in curly. The curl relaxed considerably after the birth of my children.
10. I was born again when I was 14 years old.
11. I was raised Southern Baptist.
12. I do not consider myself Southern Baptist, although I'm not sure exactly which label fits.
13. I don't know why I feel a need to have a label.
14. I am not allergic to exercise. I used to be in excellent shape.
15. I'm built like an athlete. If athletes were, you know, short and dumpy.
16. I'm not very athletic.
17. I can swim, but I cannot dive. Nor can I water ski.
18. I have never tried snow skiing.
19. I was on the Bozo show in 1st grade. Clowns do not scare me.
20. I have never had a broken bone.
21. I have been to California 3 times in my life. Once when I was 7, once at 11, and again in March of this year.
22. Chocolate cheesecake is my absolute favorite dessert.
23. I am dependable.
24. I am a dork.
25. I can't dance, but I do anyway.
26. I prefer daisies to roses.
27. My favorite food is cheese enchiladas.
28. I am very easy-going. It takes a lot to get me riled.
29. I am empathetic. Other people's pain bothers me more than my own.
30. I have few close friends. I'm not good at keeping in touch.
31. I have green eyes.
32. Green is one of my favorite colors.
33. I'm not a girlie girl.
34. I do not like hard candy, except peppermints.
35. I don't like hospitals.
36. My kids don't understand my sense of humor.
37. I hate to take medicine.
38. I had my first alcoholic beverage on my 21st birthday. One is my limit. I do not drink beer.
39. I tried smoking when I was 11. I started smoking at 21.
40. I tried my first joint with my first husband.
41. He also introduced me to cocaine.
42. Until then, I had never ever put any foreign objects into my nose.
43. I have never kept a journal.
44. I can keep a secret, but I don't keep anything from my husband.
45. I did not go to kindergarten. It wasn't required back then.
46. I love to laugh.
47. I look a lot like my mom.
48. I'm late everywhere I go.
49. I do not believe in luck.
50. I can read music.
51. I took mandolin lessons in 5th grade.
52. I still have that mandolin, which is warped from years of storage.
53. My husband bought me a new mandolin, but I can't play it either. He can.
54. I have never had braces.
55. I have never had lice.
56. I have never had my nails done professionally.
57. I took piano lessons in 5th grade. I can only play with my right hand. I can pick out a melody by ear.
58. I'm quirky.
59. I am quiet.
60. I was painfully shy as a child. I'm still not terribly outgoing.
61. Red is another of my favorite colors.
62. I do not understand road rage.
63. I am very soft-spoken. I usually have to repeat myself. I SAID I usually have to repeat myself.
64. I taught myself to sew, and I have made quite a few dresses for myself and my girls.
65. I taught myself to quilt.
66. I rarely watch television. I'm the only one in the family who can walk into a room without turning on the TV.
67. When I was little, my mom dressed me and my younger sister alike. Everyone thought we were twins.
68. I prefer homemade tacos to restaurant tacos.
69. I have varicose veins.
70. I do not have stretch marks.
71. In second grade, Kitty and I painted each other's pants with watercolors. Mine were hot pink double-knit polyester high-waters. I was some kinda cool.
72. I stayed in at recess because Keith and Delbert liked me and would chase me. I didn't like boys. Mrs. Johnson was my teacher.
73. I aced all my tests in school until my senior year.
74. I was popular with the jocks because I'd let them see my answers.
75. Mr. Loibner, my 8th grade science teacher, always wrote my test score on the chalkboard. (Highest in class.)
76. I got bonus points on one of his tests because I spelled out "deoxyribonucleic acid" when everyone else just wrote "DNA". I was NOT trying to show off.
77. I got a C in Calculus.
78. I got my first F in 11th grade English when I didn't turn in my research paper.
79. I hated math until 7th grade.
80. I was in the National Junior Honor Society in 8th and 9th grades.
81. I was in the National Honor Society in 10th and 11th grades.
82. I did not graduate with honors, but I did score high enough on the ACT to merit a scholarship to the University of Central Arkansas.
83. I was going to be a Speech Pathologist, but I didn't finish college.
84. I lost my scholarship with a 3.75 grade average because I didn't have enough hours.
85. I have never taken the SAT.
86. My first husband was the first person who ever said I was beautiful.
87. That's one of the reasons I married him.
88. My sisters and I were in a family "band" when we were younger. We played (poorly) for my dad's Optimist Club meetings.
89. I'm a grandma. My ex's 28-year-old daughter has a little boy. He's 18 months old.
90. I worked at the Little Rock Post Office for 7 years.
91. I know almost every ZIP code, or at least the first 3 digits, for the state of Arkansas.
92. I was in a puppet ministry in junior high.
93. I love to be wined and dined. Burgered and fried is OK, too.
94. I have had only one speeding ticket in my life.
95. I was the financial secretary of my church for 5 years and served as church clerk for 6.
96. I taught a junior high girls Sunday school class for 3 years.
97. I taught 5th grade Sunday school for one year.
98. I fell in love for the first time in my life when my first child was born.
99. The job I have now is the first job I've ever had where I have not been subjected to sexual harrassment.
100. When I was a kid, I paired my crayons by "gender". Dark colors were male and light colors were female.
Yes, I know, it couldn't have been more random, but there it is.