Monday, December 11, 2006

I Have Been Blessed


Last week, one of my favorite people in the blogosphere decided that I deserve an award "Just Because" I'm on her blogroll. Thank you, Grafted Branch! I am touched and honored. You are truly a blessing!


In other news. . .

Last Thursday after our handbell performance at one of our local hospitals, I had the privilege of fellowshipping with some of the other ringers (or ding-a-lings, as our worship leader affectionately calls us) at a world-renown coffee house. It was the first time I had ever been there. Now I'm not a coffee connoisseur, but one doesn't have to be to enjoy a good latte. Ahhh! The aroma! I ordered a peppermint mocha latte, and after just one sip, I knew that I would be returning to their establishment.

Saturday, Carl took me shopping for a new outfit for Sunday, and he even helped me pick it out. JC Penney was having a sale, and we got everything for less than half price. I love me some Penney's. We took the kids out for dinner afterwards, then we topped off the evening with a visit to the aforementioned coffee shop. I think I'm hooked. We may have started a new tradition.

Now here's a little tip for those of you whose husband would rather have scalding coffee spilled in his lap than accompany you to the mall: Bribe him with a trip to Starbucks!


In the works. . .

I'm pondering doing a serious discussion series on a couple of topics that have been on my mind a lot lately. Lord willing, "Doctrine Matters" and "The War on Error" will be coming soon.

Y'all have a fabulous week!

7 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Just plain ol' black Columbian or House Blend is my first love, but I like a plain or vanilla cappuccino now and then, or an Irish Creme. I love coffee. :-)

Hmmm....a discussion series, huh? Okay, bring it on, girl! Lord willing, that is. :-)

Anonymous said...

I don't like Starbucks, but I do like coffee. Not like I gotta have it every day, just really like it with dessert kind of thing. And that latte looks like it IS dessert. I might have to make my way over to Starbucks to try it.

Then I will make my way back here to read up on your latest topics of discussion. Sounds like they'll be good.

(BTW, I keep thinking of the "church discipline" topic. But have YET to get to studying it. So if you ever want to tackle that one on the blog, I'd love to learn of you!)

-Lori

Kelli said...

Brenda-

It was such a HUGE HUGE HUGE joy to TIRL with you last Sunday. I LOVE LOVE LOVE you more than ever!!!!

Hope to talk to you soon :) For longer.... maybe we cna hit 3 hours this time. hehe

Hugs to the girls.

Anonymous said...

O.k....I tried to comment earlier, but blogger wasn't recognizing my password. Grrrr. Free -- what have I to complain about?

Anywho...I came by to say, "Stop being so humble!" You didn't mention -- I don't think -- that I decided you are the Most Witty and Real. And BooMama came by my comments to add her "2nd" to the motion, if you will.

I don't like coffee, so I get the creme-based Peppermint Mocha frappacino (when I'm not enjoying the creme-based Gingerbread...) Yum, yum, good!

Barb said...

That button is very well deserved and exactly the perfect one for you, Brenda.

Diane and I aren't very interesting coffee-wise. I always order the house blend, black, at Starbucks. But in the summer, I love their vanilla frappuccino.

I'm so glad you and Kelli talked - you are two of my favorite people.

Hey! Wouldn't it be fun to do a conference call with, say, ten of us? Can you imagine?

Liza on Maui said...

I am a new blogger and just discovered your blogs. What a blessing! Thank you.
Liza

Blogger profile name said...

I'm not a coffee drinker, but that looks like a work of art. I'm interested to see your upcoming discussion series.