Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sunday Silliness

On the way home from church, we got into a discussion about how the Pope gets his name. Out of the blue, no idea where it came from. My husband, Carl, explained that he gets to choose his name. One of the kids then suggested that he should choose a cool name. Carl asked, "What name would you choose if you were elected Pope?"

Andrew said "Pope Daddy"
Emily said "Pope O'Gigio"
Carl said "Pope Alicious"
I said "POprah"

Several other suggestions were tossed around, like "Pope Arama", "Pope Eroni", and my personal favorite (courtesy of Andrew) "Pope Ourri".

Proof that insanity is hereditary - we get it from our kids.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny! How about Pope Tart? Or maybe Pope InHagin?

I love it when my kids and I get silly. One of the best feelings in the world is laughing till you're crying with a group of people you love.

Just found your site, and got a good laugh. Thanks.

Brenda said...

Good ones! Thanks for stopping by.

Girl Raised in the South said...

If the first half of your name has to be pope then seems fair to me you should get to pick the last half, dont ya think! i love pope tart, but suspect thats never going to be chosen.

boomama said...

Poprah. Oh, that's funny.

Pope-ourri cracked me up, too.

:-)

boomama said...

Well, you DID switch your template. I just had to stop by and see what you'd done. The colors look great with your picture, by the way. Very soothing.

Brenda said...

Thanks, Boomama. Glad you like it. Soothing is what I was going for. I'm pleased.