Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Comforting Word

I take great comfort in today's scripture reading. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21)

How quickly the Lord responds when I cry out to Him. Immeasurably more than I can ask or imagine? How awesome is that? And not only has He comforted me with His Word, but with your words of encouragement and prayers for my family. THANK YOU for standing in the gap with me for my girls.

Father, thank You for the wonderful women You have brought into my life through this blog. Thank You for their comforting words and their commitment to pray for my daughters. Bless them abundantly, Lord. Thank You for the everlasting promises in Your Word and for the power that is at work within us. Thank You, Jesus! Amen.

4 comments:

Grafted Branch said...

O.k....I'm taken aback...in a good way. I've been posting tonight about my youngest daughter's birthday and was looking for a scripture I've heard a thousand times (but in too many versions, apparently). I couldn't find it, so I gave up. Click on your link from my blogroll, and there it is top of the page, first thing out of your "mouth!" Thanks! Who needs a concordance when I've got you and we have the Lord?!

boomama said...

Do you know that this verse is what we put on A.'s birth announcement? It is the verse, more than any other, that is just the cry of my heart.

And we do stand in the gap with you. Yes ma'am.

Paulette said...

Hey Brenda,
hope you are having a peaceful day. Iam so thankful as well for the Godly woman I have met through this blog. The Lord knew I need it as well, even leading me to the blogring was a miracle because I sure was a woman in need of some Godly women in my life.
I am very active in church I just needed this as well.
I will keep praying because the God I love is still in the miracle business. We are united in Christ!!
Be Blessed.

Theresa said...

What a powerful verse that is! Thanks for sharing it with us. And as always, prayers continue to be with you and your family.