Friday, July 21, 2006

Fantabulous Friday


Melissa at Breath of Life has come up with the fantabulous idea of recognizing a person, place, or thing that has had an impact on your life each week and giving a shout out to God for using him/her/it to bless you. Well, I don't know about you, but I sometimes need to be reminded to be thankful in everything. So how 'bout it? Let's lift our hearts toward heaven and praise the Lord!

This week, I have been most touched and inspired by a young mother who is undergoing treatments for leukemia. Through all of her pain and suffering, Amy Wilhoite's testimony of faith is amazing. What an example of being made strong in weakness. If you haven't read her story, please do so now. I promise you will be blessed.

Father, thank you for Amy and her wonderful example of praising You in all things. Pour out your blessings upon her and give her strength for the journey ahead. Steady the hands of the doctors and nurses who attend her and give them wisdom to aid in her fight against this cancer. Heal her body if that is Your will, Lord, and be with her family as they wait for her to return home. In Christ's precious name, amen.

6 comments:

Barb said...

Absolutely perfect choice. I couldn't agree with you more. xoxoxo

Diane@Diane's Place said...

How thoughtful of you to highlight Amy in your blog, Brenda. I agree, she is worthy of your attention. I hope word gets out and many more begin to pray for her and her family. :-)

Melissa said...

Brenda, thanks for sharing...and for directing me to Amy's blog. What a testimony!

Paulette said...

Brenda you are sooo sweet. This was beautiful I love your compassionate heart. I love coming to visit you because you inspire me and it is so warm here.
Love Ya.
I was thinking we should have a day of prayer for Amy and if we could get it around the blogsphere we could all be praying on the same day.

Grafted Branch said...

I second the motion! I was blessed and continue to pray for her at every remembrance.

Girl Raised in the South said...

Brenda, this is a great thing to do. Think I'll attempt it every other Friday and do Friday Feast the other ones. You're always on top of it, even if you don't think so.