Saturday, July 22, 2006

Geeks, Nerds, and Dorks - Oh My!

I am nerdier than 45% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

Thanks to Lori, I just had to find out for myself just how nerdy I am. Okay, I realize it isn't an IQ test, but 45? So I don't really qualify for geek status, no big surprise there, but I'm a little disappointed that my score isn't a little higher. I guess I was hoping to be more geek-nerd than dork-nerd. Is there a difference? The fact that you asked means you probably don't consider yourself a nerd. Your kids probably think you're cool. I bet you even have social skills. The fact that I think there is a difference is probably why I am more dork than geek, and the fact that I've actually given it any thought is evidence that I am, however lightly, a nerd. Go me!

What's your score?

6 comments:

Barb said...

Your score is just about double my pathetic 28, Brenda. Honestly. It said I'm not really much of a geek (duh) and I was OK with that. But it also said I'm also not really very cool. Excuse me. I think I'm gonna go back to that web site you stick your photo in and see if I can find another batch of movie stars I could be twins with.

I have to tell you, I saw your remark on Lauren's site. You know. The one where you asked her if she'd be needing a roof when she uses her 50% coupon for that big southern house with the wraparound porch? Made my day. I thought, Brenda's back! xoxoxo

Paulette said...

Lol mine was 7o so do I not feel geeky? My kids always say mom your such a nerd, now I know why!!!! When I say I wanna be like everybody else geek isnt what I meant!!! At least I am very cool, and when you have teens thats good right??

Carrie said...

Brenda-
You are officially the first to post on my brand new blog!! Thanks for the welcome! You know, I would have guessed that I would have scored a nerdier score on the quiz, but I actually got a pitiful 38. From reading about everyone else's scores, though, I'm not sure that there is a good score!

You know, it's really ironic that my blogging experience started with me sitting here at my computer in Georgia reading about my friend's precious child, who is also here in Georgia, and then my first blogger hello is from a fellow Georgian. Isn't is amazing how God can take us across the nation, or around the world for that matter, to literally place us at the cyber-doorsteps of those who need prayer or those who share a common love for Him and then can also lead us to those right in our own backyard? Thanks again for welcoming me here!

Grafted Branch said...

What's a nerd? *giggle* *snort*

Actually...I scored a 10. That landed me squarely in no-man's land. "I'm not nerdy, but not necessarily cool either."

I guess that makes me a lukewarm something or other. :)

Wendy said...

I did this too. Funny!

Geekwif said...

Seeing as how I call myself the Geekwif, it was necessary to follow your link and take this test. I'm a pitiful 34. Aaaah! Now I'm doubting the validity of my chosen name!

I may have to go out and get myself a periodic table and a biohazard sign!