Sunday, July 23, 2006

Remember to Pray

I've spent the afternoon catching up on some of my blog reads and thinking about the people I've encountered through blogging. I would never have met so many were it not for the internet, and I'm thankful that God has provided this means to reach out to others. In my little world, my trials are a pretty big deal, but they're pretty insignificant when I consider what others are going through. Circumstances that are unimaginable to me and would seem to be unbearable. Earth-shattering, heartbreaking, and life-changing are words that come to mind. My heart goes out to each of these families, and my prayers are with them. I hope you'll keep them in your prayers also.

Elise and her boys, extended family and friends, including BooMama
Addie's brother
Amy Wilhoite, her family, and physicians
Addison, her family, and physicians
Kelli and her family
Rich Kirkpatrick
This family
This family

Pray without ceasing. 1Thessalonians 5:17

10 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Brenda,

It's amazing how big we all think our problems are until we witness a week like this past one. So many people with broken hearts and real, life-threatening problems. I for one know my problems are nothing in comparison. Yes, I'm praying for all of them - have been for days and days and will continue. xoxoxo

Kelli said...

First of all, thank you. Although we trust God implicitely, you do NOT know how much the suprising wealth of prayer support we have received through this little world o'blog has impacted our day to day emotional survival.

We are standing with each of you in prayerful support for everyone else on this list, as well.

God sure has BIG HANDS!!

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

Thank you for the timely reminder. As one who has been held aloft by the prayers of family, friends and strangers during my own sojourns through the valley, I am committed to praying for these families as often as the Spirit brings them to mind.

Judith said...

Brenda, Thank you for reminding me what matters, that it's not about giving God a "honey do" list to fix so my life is like I want it to be.

When I learn what's in other people's lives, all I can do is thank Him for what's in mine, and pray and pray He takes care of their worries and concerns.

Dawn said...

Thanks for keeping us up to date. So many sad stories, but such a big God and such a big prayer family created from this blog world. Please pray for our redeemed prodigal who is trying to return to school and continue his dream, and has run into a big snag because of the consequences of the past. I plan to write more about his journey soon.

Girl Raised in the South said...

Brenda, thanks for an updated list of what to pray for this week. Thanks for the prayer plug for Addison since this is a big week for them. You obviously have the gift of intercession - one prayer warrior are you!

Beck said...

Good list. Another family that I've been praying for is this family: http://www.joshuaschmiedicke.com/

Vicki said...

Lifting these families up in prayer as well. Thank you so much for caring. Love your blog.

Dawn said...

Thanks again, Brenda. I count on your prayers. Isn't it amazing?!

Brenda said...

Nice to meet you, Janice. Thanks for stopping by and for praying!