Monday, July 10, 2006

Now I've said my ABC's, tell me what you think of Meme

I was tagged by Paulette for this meme. Here goes:

Accent: Um. Educated redneck? Born and raised in Arkansas, now living in Georgia. My high school French teacher told me I had an excellent French accent. Mais oui!

Bible Book that I like: Ephesians. Favorite verse from Ephesians is 4:32.

Chore I don't care for: Any of them. I need a maid.

Dog or Cat: Fried, please. (Kidding!) Dog

Essential Electronics: Computer and cell phone

Favorite Movie: Napoleon Dynamite. Yes, I am a dork.

Gold or Silver: Silver

Handbag I Carry Most Often: My husband bought me a red and black canvas bag with a University of Georgia emblem on front for my birthday.

Insomnia: Usually only at night. I have no trouble sleeping at my desk or behind the wheel.

Job Title: Accounting Technician (fancy way of saying data entry clerk), Wife, Mother

Kids: 1 husband, 1 stepson, 1 stepdaughter, 2 daughters

Living Arrangements: 3 bedrooms, 1 1/2 bath humble abode in a quaint little subdivision on the outskirts of town. We have hubby's kids on weekends and mine whenever they choose to grace us with their presence, (hopefully for the school year.)

Most Memorable Moment: Winning the Miss America pageant. Oh, wait. That wasn't me. Seeing my ankles again after giving birth to my first child was pretty momentous, but it doesn't hold a candle to falling in love with her immediately. Then her sister came along, and my heart doubled in size. Nothing compares to that.

Naughtiest Childhood Behavior: Mercilessly teasing my overweight sisters, which not only was terribly cruel, but was really stupid on my part because they could beat me up.

Overnight Hospital Stays: Twice for childbirth, once for a hernia operation, and once for a cervical cone biopsy.

Phobias: Being the only one who doesn't get the joke.

Quote: "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to shut up." - Unknown (kidding!)
"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again." - Stephen Grellet

Religion: None for me, thanks. I'm a born-again believer in Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God, whom I know personally as my Lord and Savior. Southern Baptist upbringing, if you must know, with a sprinkling of United Methodist (pun intended. I was dunked.)

Siblings: I have an older sister by 2 years, a younger sister by 11 months, and a younger brother by 8 years.

Time I Wake Up: After about the 4th or 5th snooze. 7:15 at the latest.

Unusual Talent: I can read upside down, recite the alphabet backwards, and quote Green Eggs and Ham word for word. Not unusual enough? Okay, I can sing the theme song to "All In the Family" and sound exactly like Edith Bunker. Wanna hear?

Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: Beets. Or anything pickled. Except, you know, pickles.

Worst Habit: Smoking. I've been meaning to quit. (2nd worst: Procrastination.)

X-rays: Ribs, once, after a car accident. Dental, several times.

Yummy Stuff I Cook: I don't cook often enough, but I can make a mean meatloaf, baked chicken, spinach lasagne, and cheesecake

Zoo Animal I Like Most: Otter

I'm tagging Barb and Diane, and inviting anyone else who hasn't done this one to please join in.

Have a Wonderful Day!

10 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Okay, Brenda, you got me! Nope, I haven't done this one. I'll try to get to it soon, though.... :-)

boomama said...

I'm also a fan of Ephesians, way too dependent on a cell phone and computer, and - get this - an upside-down reader. So clearly we're related.

:-)

And I was thinking tonight that I need to make you some sort of award for your sidebar, because sweet mercy you are the funniest commenter I know. Crack me up every single time. Especially the one about the daddy must be taking the picture because the kids aren't in the least bit frightened. Hysterical.

Thanks for always brightening my day.

Theresa said...

I wanna hear the 'All in the Family' song! Okay, maybe at the Dallas Blogging Conference! I'll be waiting. :)

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Enjoyed your ABC's! Loved the joke about the sprinkling of Methodist. Thanks for visiting my blog. Will add you to my list of favs!!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the insight into YOU. I too am a Born Again Christian. Raised Southern Baptist...my hubby raised Methodist. He was born again while attending a Baptist Church. We are serving currently and have for the last 14 years in a nondenominational church. But, we are all of the Body of Christ!

Barb said...

Bev, surely you aren't seriously trying to figure out Brenda's sense of humor! Just when you think you know what to expect.....

Brenda, almost all your answers cracked me up. Except your answer to worst habit. Unfortunately, we have that bad habit in common. Like a chimney, I'm afraid.

Stay tuned. I'll get this done but I have to think about some of these - more than one answer to several of them. *sigh*

Otter. Otter?

Paulette said...

He Brenda,
You are hallarious, I loved your answers....
Thanks for letting me see that funny side of you girl.
I enjoy visiting you!!! Still praying for you daily.

Krissy said...

Hello there! Sorry I have been MIA for awhile. This post made me smile. I hear ya about the ankle thing...'course, my ankles were what my husband called "cankles" so I avoided looking at them for a few weeks afterwards. :)

Your first quote is so funny! I think I will remember that one for future use if you don't mind?

Unknown said...

This is my first time by your blog, you funny ;-)

I like your list it made me laugh out loud, those are the best posts to read.

Robin said...

I grew up in Ark as well. Until I was 10 anyway. We lived in Little Rock!

Loved your ABC's